FIELD TRIP!Saturday, August 13, 2022;
meet at 8:00 a.m. parking lot of
Saint Matthew Lutheran Church,
800 N. New Road, Waco, Texas
Field trip to Shop Austin!
With Suzi and Vicki
Bright and early on Saturday morning at 8 am, we will gather in the parking lot of Saint Matthew Lutheran Church, 800 N. New Road, in Waco. Car assignments will be made at that time based on who shows up; you are welcome to work out ahead of time who will travel with you. Vicki will record who’s riding in which car. Suzi will have copies of a paper map for us to follow. We will leave the parking lot by 8:15 am. If the church is not convenient for you, plan to meet up at our first stop (Jerry’s Artarama) in Austin.
1. First stop in Austin will be Jerry’s Artarama, 6010 North IH-35, at I-35 and Highway 2222. All things general art supplies. Plan to spend about an hour browsing and be ready to leave by 11 am.
2. Then we will go to nearby Austin Creative Reuse, 2005 Wheless Lane for some rummaging through gently used (or new) art/craft/office/sewing supplies. You can easily spend 3 hours (ask us how we know!?!), but we must limit our time to leave by 12:45 pm.
3. Next stop is lunch at Emerald Tavern Games & Café, 9012 Research Blvd., (owned by new member from Round Rock Miriam Matsuda). Check out the great menu ahead of time; it is quite extensive. Plan to leave by 2 pm.
4. Then will stop by Kinokuniya, 6929 Airport Blvd., for all things Japanese supplies, pens, and markers. Make your list of needed items ahead of time or you will be overwhelmed with the selection from Sakura, Tombow, Pentel, Zebra, …, and papers by Rhodia, Clairfontaine, Tomoe River, … Plan to leave by 2:45 pm.
5. Final stop of the day will be Paper Source 3200 Palm Way #116 in the Domain Shopping Center on the north side of Austin for all things paper. They sell high quality envelopes and paper goods, plus a big selection of full sheets of handmade imported papers and cool gift wrap papers. Plan to leave by 4 pm, arriving in Waco by 5:30. If a car wants to stay longer, that’s fine, or if a car needs to leave earlier, that’s fine, too.
The purpose of the day is to get out of town for a fun day, see something different, share time with friends, and do some shopping. We do hope our Austin and surrounding area members will meet up with us along the way. For questions contact Suzi Ickles at email@example.com.
Post a Comment