Saturday, June 11, 2022; 10 am
Saint Matthew Lutheran Church, Waco, Texas
Sarah Pick, a member of the Central Texas Watercolor Society for 9 years, will be presenting for our June meeting. She will be focusing on teaching the basics of water on paper. She will show examples and demonstrate the following:
· Flow and mix of colors on paper
· Various splattering effects on wet or dry paper
· Scratching and timing on wet or dry paper
· Softening edges with a tickle or a wet brush and the difference
The idea is to help people understand how to load a brush and when and how to apply it on paper to get the effect they want. Sarah will bring a watercolor card for each person to paint a final project.
For supplies, please bring to the class:
· watercolors -- at least three primary colors (blue/red/yellow) of your choice
· scrap watercolor paper to play and learn the techniques -- ideally 140 lb or heavier and cold pressed
· brushes -- a few of your favorites (at least 3) and maybe a square brush if you have one
· 2 portable water containers -- one for clear and one for dirty water
· old toothbrush (optional)
permanent black ink pen that is NOT water
Here are a few of Sarah’s mini paintings that might be inspiration for our cards.